MALTESER Hospitaldienst Austria - Bereich Salzburg
MALTESER Hospital Service, Salzburg area
MALTESER's humanitarian aid supports more than 15 million people in need in 120 countries of the world, regardless of their origin, religion or political conviction. In Austria, around 2200 volunteers are involved in 7 charitable relief organisations, the largest of which is the MALTESER Hospitaldienst (MHDA). Today the MALTESER are the largest purely voluntary rescue and disabled care organisation in Austria.
For more than 50 years, Salzburg has also been providing a wide range of unpaid and voluntary services. Our regular tasks are:
- Patient transport and transfers
- Ambulance services for events
- First aid training and traffic coaching
- Pilgrimages (Lourdes, Rhodes, Altötting, Rome..) and trips for the disabled
- Excursions and events for the disabled
- Visiting services e.g. in the hospital of the Barmherzigen Brüder (Merciful Brothers)
- German courses for asylum seekers and entitled persons
- Medical care for the homeless with the "Virgilbus"
Personal, human and attentive attention to one's neighbour is the essential task of the MALTESER. Helping people in need, alleviating suffering and offering the comfort of Christian charity has been our mission for over 900 years.