Mirabellgarten | © Tourismus Salzburg GmbH Mirabellgarten | © Tourismus Salzburg GmbH
© Tourismus Salzburg GmbH
Mirabell Garden

Mirabell Garden

Mirabell Palace with its Baroque gardens was a gift of love that Prince Archbishop Wolf Dietrich von Raitenau had built for his lover Salome Alt and that was redesigned under Archbishop Johann Ernst von Thun around 1690. This garden and its possibilities are also a gift for the festival, which has been playing improvised music with relish for several years. This year, for the first time, the playful places such as the Heckentheater, the bird house, the fountains or the wooden pavilion will become a free space for the artists, not only on Sunday, but for the whole weekend. At one of the entrances to the garden there is also the baroque puppet theatre with adjoining guest garden, which is also one of the main venues of the festival.

Location